metal parts life
I have since suffered a multitude of other injuries:  an Ankle surgery for osteochondritis dessicans (a nickel sized chip of cartilage from my tibia got knocked loose), knee meniscus surgery and more recently a bulging disc in my neck plus a broken ankle. Almost every aspect of life especially exercise has become at best much harder and at worst a monumental struggle. Now in my 40's I am seeking to maintain a proper balance to keep my metal parts working.

'METAL PARTS' is a mentality centered around overcoming obstacles, injuries and life circumstances.  

The 'METAL PARTS' lifestyle represents anyone who believes that they can and must keep moving no matter what their individual barriers to success happen to be. When I talk to people about the logo & gear it gives me an opportunity to share the stories of my injuries and encourage them to fight through theirs.

I have undergone two spinal fusion surgeries since the accident. to a guy in his 20's this led to a host of other issues and life changes. I gained over 40 pounds, got a little depressed and had to take a full year off of life as I recovered. My wife Lisa supported us this whole time and without her my story may be much different. All of this happened while in the middle of Medical School which was difficult enough.

I believe my 'Metal Parts' mentality was really forged in the 80-90 hour work weeks that followed. I won't say I learned to enjoy feeling pain all day but I at least learned not to hate it.
Metal Parts Life originated following a sledding accident where I broke my back. a group of us were snow sledding at mount lemmon in a 'safe' spot. It was a nice downhill part of the mountain and while We were wrapping up to head home I decided to go just once more, on my stomach on the raft I had been using the whole time. Unfortunately I hit some type of bump that threw me off course into a thicket of trees where I hit the tree almost head on at somewhere between 15 and 20mph. Thankfully at the last second I was able to throw my body to the right so that I hit the tree with my neck and shoulder. I remember seeing my left foot by my face for a split second as my back got bent and then I felt excruciating pain. I don't remember quite when I first moved my legs but I think it was sometime later in the afternoon in the hospital. I had no insurance so all I got a neck xray, a quick 'walk' test then was sent home. . .